Sunday 27 January 2013

Do not stand at my grave and weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry, 
   I am not there; I did not die.           
                      
                                                      -- Mary Elizabeth Frye

I came across this first in a favourite light read of mine, Rosie. I love the serenity of the poem. It's sad, but it soothes too. Sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. This is really beautiful. Thank you for sharing this. I actally was struggling to find these exact words for quite some time....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Locations of Site Visitors