Sunday 10 February 2013

The Year of the Thankful

It is perhaps inevitable that I'll do a birthday post. 20 was a milestone, and I made it as such here.

21, however, feels unplanned. I mean I had always expected to be 10 or 15 or 18 or 19 or 20. But with juvenile innocence never really thought of anything beyond that. Well, here I am, as they say.

There has been probably this one thing that stood out this year. Learning thankfulness. I am more at peace with what I have or I don't. Of course, I'm still a paranoid freak, but I'm thankful for what I have, in spite of the knowledge that some things may be taken away. I'll be ok. I know I'll be ok.

I'm thankful for the people around me.

Thankful that we are all safe, if not totally sound (specially in the head).

Thankful that none of us have sold our souls, in spite of everything.

Thankful for unexpected miracles and uncharted territories.

Thankful for a abundance of books and puppies.

Thankful for all the dreams, in spite of the nightmares.

And thankful for the fact that I still have it in me to be stupid and proud of it.

Heigh ho, another year!!!


3 comments:

  1. About me ta edit kore 21 lekho, boro meye :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I nominated you for “The Very Inspiring Blogger Award”. Visit this: http://cupandchaucer.wordpress.com/2013/02/14/the-very-inspiring-blogger-award/
    <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Locations of Site Visitors